Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Understanding Miracles

Right now Babygirl and I are having music time.  I turn on an Accuradio classical channel and we listen while I do stuff on the computer.  I think she likes Chopin and Dvorak the best.  She has a tendency to move around a bit more when we listen to their works.  Although her movements could be her attempts to stretch out.  She's breech, and her little head often makes an appearance at the top of my belly.  At our ultrasound on Friday, her weight was estimated at 5 pounds 12 ounces--that's about one pound more than your average baby at 34 weeks.  So I wonder how big she'll be when the doctors take her out on April 11th.  I think I should be glad I am having a C-section.

I do want to thank everyone who continues to pray along with my husband and me.  When we were at our most grieved, we talked about the miracles of Jesus Christ, especially of the man healed of the palsy, and wondered if anything so grand could happen for our little baby.  We mustered up our faith and decided to ask for a miracle.  For our baby to be healed.

Even though the recent ultrasound still showed a growth on Babygirl's nose, and while we are still uncertain of her health conditions, I feel that a lot of miracles have taken place already.  One of those miracles is the restoration of hope.  After that dark day I didn't have as much joy in her movements, but now I feel so much happier when she moves around.  Even more than before we knew she had any problems.  Now each push, flip, hiccup, and kick (even the ones to my bladder) fill my heart with the sweetest elation and hope that everything will be ok after all.  That is what makes the restoration of hope such a great miracle.  It teaches me that even when things could potentially be worse I feel confidence and faith in a Heavenly Father who has everything under control.  If my husband and I didn't have that divine reassurance, we would still be worrying and crying over the unknowns that still exist.

I also know that miracles begin before we even ask for them.  That is how I feel about all the doctors and medical staff we have talked to recently.  These people have trained and prepared to bring miracles to people who need it.  So if our daughter's path leads to surgeries and special care, I know that miracles will follow because it has been in the works much longer than we have ever knew.

That is how I will know that all the miracles we have been praying for will happen (or have happened) even if the bump on her nose turns out filled with essential brain matter.  I have faith and hope that they will.

1 comment:

Debra Leigh said...

Meredith, I am so impressed with your strength and faith. I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers. I think about you and your family everyday and pray all will be well! love Debbie Leigh